Rubber and Polyurethane Components Used For The Material Handling Industry
Material handling encompasses the movement, storage, and control of materials and products. This can be during their manufacture or when they are dispatched form a factory or warehouse, or perhaps later in their life when they are sent to a waste transfer station.
Clifton Rubber is a growing brand in the UK and European material handling industry supplying high quality rubber and polyurethane components to some of the industry’s leading Original Equipment Manufacturers and End Users.
We manufacture and supply a range of standard components and replacement parts. These include rubber and polyurethane trommel wheels, solid tyres, conveyor rollers, flip flow screens, vibration and shock absorption components. In addition to our stock replacement components, we are able to manufacture customer bespoke parts from rubber or polyurethane, using our in house manufacturing capabilities.
Rubber and polyurethane both have properties that are ideal for manufacturing components which withstand the challenges of material handling applications.
From moulding processes to precision engineering, discover how these components play an essential role in enhancing the recycling process.
Clifton Rubber Capabilities By Industry: Material Handling
Rubber Moulding for the Material Handling Industry
Rubber-moulded products have unique properties including durability, resistance to chemicals, and the ability to withstand harsh environments. All of these properties are ideal for the waste and recycling industry, where rubber moulded components are used in products such as:
- Conveyor Belts and Rollers: to transport materials and products in a manufacturing centre or warehouse.
- Material Sorting Equipment: Rubber components, such as conveyor belts and rollers, are used in material handling equipment such as production plants and picking stations.
- Waste Compactors: Rubber seals and gaskets are used in waste compactors to prevent leakage.
- Bumpers and Shock Absorption: to provide protection.
- Tyres and Wheels: Forklifts and other vehicles in factories use solid rubber tyres.
- Brick Grabs: to lift and transport bricks
Rubber moulded products in the materials handling industry improve durability, reduce maintenance costs, improve safety, and contribute to more efficient handling practices.
Polyurethane Moulding for the Material Handling Industry
Polyurethane moulded components are widely used in the material handling industry. They are lightweight, durable and resistant to wear and tear, heat and chemicals.
They are widely used in the industry but typically uses include:
- Conveyor Belts and Rollers: Polyurethane’s wear-resistant properties make it suitable for handling abrasive materials and ensuring smooth material flow.
- Sorting and Separation Equipment: Sorting equipment, such as discs, stars, and screens, to efficiently separate different types of recyclable materials.
- Wear Liners: used to line chutes, and other equipment, protecting them from the impact and abrasion of waste materials.
- Gaskets and Seals: used in various equipment.
- Wheels and Tyres: in the manufacture of tyres and wheels.
- Shock Absorbers and Bumpers: to protect and limit damage.
The use of polyurethane moulded components in the material handling industry results in durability, less maintenance, and better performance for equipment and machinery.
Rubber Covering including
- Rubber Rollers for the Material Handling Industry
- Rubber Wheels & Tyres for the Material Handling Industry
Rubber covering is widely used as it is hard wearing and provides protection. It can help to improve the longevity of equipment and products which are being transported.
Rubber rollers are widely used due to their ability to transport, sort, and process various products and materials. Here are some common uses of rubber rollers in the material handling industry:
1. Conveyor and Sorting Systems: to transport materials in factories and distribution centres.
2. Pallet Handling: Used to help move pallets smoothly and contribute to their stability during transportation.
3. Sheet Metal Handling: to feed metal sheets during the cutting and forming processes.
4. Trommel Screens: Rubber rollers are used in trommel screens to facilitate the separation of materials by size.
5. Textile Machines: Rubber rollers can be used to guide fabrics and other materials.
6. Packing and Distribution: to guide products along the packaging and distribution processes.
Overall, rubber rollers play a vital role in optimising the material handling and sorting processes.
Rubber Wheels and Tyres
Rubber wheels and tyres are used in the material handling industry in areas such as:
- Forklifts and Loaders
- Recycling and Dumper Trucks
- Other Material Transporting Vehicles and Carts
- Airport Ground Handling Equipment
- Recycling Containers
- Mobile Screening Plant
The durability and versatility of rubber wheels and tyres make them suitable for various applications.
Rubber Extrusion for the Material Handling Industry
With the rubber extrusion process, rubber can be transformed into various profiles, sheets, and tubes, paving the way for various applications across the industry.
Here are some common uses of rubber extrusions in the material handling industry:
- Seals and Gaskets: for containers, chutes and hoppers to prevent leakage and contamination.
- Wear Strips and Impact Bars: in conveyor systems and chutes to protect material.
- Bumpers: to prevent damage.
- Conveyor Belts Skirting and Cushioning: preventing material loss from machinery
- Noise Dampening: to reduce noise levels in recycling equipment
These extruded rubber components enhance recycling processes, minimising material loss, reducing wear on equipment, and contributing to more sustainable material handling practices.
Rubber Sheet Conversion for the Material Handling Industry
Rubber sheet conversion allows for the transformation of rubber into flat sheets of various thicknesses and sizes. These sheets serve as the foundation for manufacturing new products, ranging from gaskets and seals to flooring and other applications.
Here are some applications of rubber sheet conversion in the waste and recycling industry:
1. Gaskets and Seals
3. Shock Absorption
4. Impact Pads and Anti-Vibration Components
5. Conveyor Skirting and Curtains
6. Rubber Belting
Rubber sheet conversion optimises equipment performance and produces the right component parts for material handling applications.
Precision Engineering for the Material Handling Industry
Through precision engineering techniques, manufacturing and distribution centres can optimise transport, sorting and processing methods, ensuring accurate handling of various materials. Precision engineering allows for efficiency, safety, and optimum design efficiencies in material handling equipment.
Companies We’ve Worked With
u0022Really pleased we found Clifton rubber, their technical team really helped us in the early stages of our project and now they produce our parts which we know will be top quality every time.u0022
u0022Excellent service which is unusual in this day and age. The polyurethane screening stars do the job great, very very pleased.u0022
u0022The Clifton Rubber Bowls Ditch Liners look and feel top quality. Thank you for all your help and advice when placing the order. We will definitely be recommending you.u0022
u0022Working with Clifton Rubber has been a real pleasure. Their technical department have gone above and beyond the call of duty to produce the special shaped rubber profile I required. I’m extremely pleased with the end result.u0022
u0022Just to let you know that our new ditch matting that we purchased from you is spot on. Used all through this busy season, really pleased with it.u0022
u0022Since Clifton Rubber has taken over the re-covering of these gripper pads the customer has had no premature failures and the products have a much longer lifespan.u0022